“Faithful to my Lord’s commands, I still would choose the better part; Serve with careful Martha’s hands And loving Mary’s heart.” John Wesley
Romans 12:1-3; 1 Peter 5:6-7
1. SPEAK TO PEOPLE. There is nothing as nice as a cheerful word of greeting!
2. SMILE AT PEOPLE. It takes seventy-two muscles to frown, only fourteen to smile.
3. CALL PEOPLE BY NAME. The sweetest music to anyone’s ear is the sound of one’s own name!
4. BE FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. If you would like to have friends, then, be friendly!
5. BE CORDIAL. Speak and act as if everything you do were a genuine pleasure! (If it is right and good, it really should be.)
6. BE GEUINEIY INTERESTED IN PEOPLE. Empathy means involvement!
7. BE GENEROUS WITH PRAISE and cautious with criticism!
8. BE CONSIDERATE WITH THE FEELINGS OF OTHERS. It will be appreciated.
9. BE THOUGHTFUL OF THE OPINIONS OF OTHERS. There are three sides to controversy, yours and the other fellows, and the right one!
10. BE ALERT TO GIVE SERVICE. What counts most in life is who we are in Christ and then what we do for others!
(c) 1980 www.intothyword.com