Fermented foods! Fermentation is basically what happens when micro-organisms like yeast convert carbs or sugars into either alcohol or an acid. Yeast creates alcohol – as with beer, wine and cider. While bacteria creates lactic acid, which creates the medium for the friendly bacterial to thrive. So, they can fight the bad bacteria.
1. Focus on quality whole foods like broccoli, sweet potatoes, cucumbers (with skin), butternut squash, garbanzo beans. Also, fiber like Brown rice, lentils, and quinoa. Fruit, like Blueberries, avocados, and tomatoes. Good grains like oatmeal, and stay away from processed food.
2. Eat more live cultured food like cultured milk and yogurt (cashew yogurt w/o sugar is best), fresh dill pickles (not canned), and, kimchi / sauerkraut.
3. Probiotic drinks, like Yakult, Kiefer (raw kefir is best), and raw apple cider vinegar. Also, Boza, Sima, and Kombucha (great soda replacement) … Probiotic pills are a waste of $; they are dead and your body can’t process them!
4. Increase your anti-inflammatory fats, such as fresh and raw green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, kale, and collards.
5. Eat good raw nuts like almonds, cashews, and walnuts (stay away from peanuts).
6. Increase your fatty fish intake like salmon, mackerel, tuna, and sardines. Also, especially for vegans, flax and chia seeds.
7. Eliminate the foods that feeds the bad bugs like processed white sugar, corn syrup, any processed high fructose…
8. Stay away from soda, especially diet soda and sugary drinks! Vitamin water is just soda without the carbonation and has no vitamins in it.
9. Exercise regularly.
10. Sleep better; do the above and you will.
(c) Dr. Krejcir (the “Dr” does have a purpose, although it is a Ph.D.)